After a two-week delay from upgrades to other Ontario regions, Niagara will move into Red – Control designation on Monday, March 1.
Under that designation there are still significant restrictions on some and closure for other businesses or organizations.
Some restrictions for this level include:
• Reducing organized public events and social gatherings to five people indoors and 25 people outdoors;
• Reducing indoor capacity at restaurants, gaming establishments, gyms and fitness centres to a maximum of 10 patrons;
• Outdoor dining, take out, drive through, and delivery permitted
• Cinemas remain closed, and;
• Performing arts spaces remain closed to spectators.
For retail stores:
• Supermarkets, pharmacies, convenience stores and other grocery retailers will operate at 75 per cent capacity;
Other retailers will operate at 50 per cent;
• Retail capacity limits must be posted outside the establishments; and retail locations must do passive screening of customers (indoor malls have their own screening process).